Looking to explore the world? Always thinking about distant places? Then my friend you have been infected with this sweet bug and now there is no going back to the normal ‘stay-in-one-place’ life.
Here are some signs that will help you identify this syndrome 🙂
- Planning a vacation is your favourite hobby.
Every time anyone says ‘lets travel’ your inner devil does back flips and you break into a grin!
- Your TV time is all about watching TLC, Discovery, Fox Life etc
- You read Lonely Planet instead of your daily newspaper
- You dream of a job where you travel and get paid for it 🙂
- You have more than one currency in your wallet, just in case.
- You keep a packed suitcase handy always.
- Your music collection has a separate list of just travel songs…
- You don’t have paintings on the wall – you have maps! This is what we call armchair travelling 🙂
- If you haven’t been anywhere in a few months, you get travel withdrawal symptoms.
- You spend two hours each day reading travel blogs and travel websites. This is the most handwork you do in a day!
- During elections instead of voting political parties you secretly wished that you could vote for Anthony Bourdain! Isn’t he a dream to look at 🙂
- When people ask you about your hobbies, all your answers contain the word…
- Some people cry when they leave home. You cry when you have to go back.
- When people ask you your profession, you say ‘NOMAD’
- You never brag about your travels
Travelling is second nature to you. It is not about being at a particular destination and showing off. Travel is where you find your solace!
So, if these are your symptoms then join the club of happy infected travellers 🙂